Practice & Experience in Bariatric Surgery
- Private Practice. General and Bariatric Surgery San Antonio, Texas, Aug 2006 to present
- Private Practice. Bariatric and General Surgery. The WISH Center. San Antonio, Texas, Dec 2003 to Jul 2006
- Private Practice. Bariatric and General Surgery. The WISH Center. Renton, WA July 2003 to Feb 2004
- Private Practice. Bariatric and General Surgery. The WISH Center. Downers Grove, IL Mar 2003 to Jul 2003
Residency and Fellowship Training
- Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery Fellowship. The WISH Center. Downers Grove, IL & Renton, WA Mar Jun- 2003-Feb 2004
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellowship. Montefiore Medical Center.”Albert Einstein College of Medicine”. Bronx, NY Jul 2002-Feb 2003
- General Surgery Residency Training Program. Hospital of Saint Raphael, a major teaching affiliate of “Yale University School of Medicine”. New Haven, CT Jun 1997-Jun 2002
- Transitional Year Program, Medicine (PGY-1), Jun 1996 – Jun 1997. Hospital of Saint Raphael, a major teaching affiliate of “Yale University School of Medicine”. New Haven, CT USA.
- Internship “ClÃnica Santa SofÃa” (Private Clinic and Hospital). Dec. 1994 – Dec. 1995. Caracas, Venezuela.
- Thoracic Surgery Assistant. “ClÃnica La Floresta” (Private Clinic and Hospital), Dec 1993-Dec 1994. Caracas, Venezuela.
- Rural Area Service. Director Ambulatory Care Center “Marapa”. (One year required in rural area service to the Venezuelan Ministry of health). Nov. 30, 1992 â?? Dec. 14, 1993. Marapa, Catia La Mar, DF. Venezuela.
- Chairman. Department of Surgery. Southwest General Hospital. San Antonio, TX Dec 2010-Present
- Vice-Chairman. Department of Surgery. Methodist Stone Oak Hospital. San Antonio, TX Oct 2012-Present
- Quality Committee Member. Baptist Medical Center. San Antonio, TX 2008-Present
- Physician Leadership Committee Member. Baptist Medical Center. San Antonio, TX 2009-Present
- M.D. “Central University of Venezuela”, “JosÃ M. Vargas”. Medical School. Feb 1985-Aug.1992. Caracas, Venezuela.
- B.S. “Liceo Los Arcos” Oct 1979-Jul 1984. Caracas, Venezuela
Honors/Awards Medical School
- Honors in Biology class, March 1986
- Honors in Legal Medicine class, June 1991
- Active Member of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Board Certified of the American College of Surgeons (ACS). Since Mar 2004
- Citizenship: US Citizen.
- Marital status: Married with three children
- Date and Place of Birth: Feb. 24th, 1966. Philadelphia, PA USA.
- Active Physician/Surgeon license in the state of Texas
- Bi-lingual: English and Spanish (fluent written and spoken).
- “Intracranial Approach to Suprasellar Rathke’s Cleft Cyst” Skull Base Surgery 1999:Vol 9:1:71-73
- “Boerthaave’s Syndrome”. Presentation of two cases. Revista Venezolana de CirugÃa 1994:47:2:87-94
- “The Geriatric Cervical Spine: Can Clinical Findings Reliably Identify Who Needs Imaging”. CT Chapter-ABS, Waterbury, CT Nov. 2001
- “Intrasellar Pituitary Gangliocytoma presenting as Amenorrhea” Chicago, IL USA May. 1999
- “Carotid Endarterectomy: Predictors of Outcome And the Need for ICU observation”. CT Chapter-ABS, Cromwell, CT USA Dec. 1998
- “Intracranial Approach to Suprasellar Rathke’s Cleft Cyst” CancÃn, Mexico. Jan. 1998 & Kamuela, Hawaii. USA Feb. 1998
- “A systematic Approach to the Management of Hepatic Artery Aneurysms” Hartford, CT USA Jan. 1998
- “Boerhaave’s Syndrome”. Presentation of two cases. Maracaibo, Venezuela. Mar. 1993.
- “Pulmonary Metastasis of Osteosarcoma. Surgical Management”. Valencia, Venezuela. Jun. 1992.
- “Primary Sternal Tumors”. Valencia, Venezuela. Jun. 1992.
- “Negligence, Unskilfulness and Imprudence in Medical Practice”. Caracas, Venezuela. Jun. 1991.
- “Carcinoma of the Cervix”. Caracas, Venezuela. Mar. 1986.
Bariatric Surgery – Hospital Privileges in San Antonio, TX
- Baptist Health System
- Methodist Healthcare System
- Southwest General Hospital
Call us now at (210) 587-7744 or Contact Us via email and our representative will contact you within the next 24 hours.
Our Bariatric surgery office in San Antonio is located in the beautiful Sonterra neighborhood. We are minutes away from Loop 1604, just 15 minutes from San Antonio International Airport, 20 minutes from downtown, and right across the street from the Methodist Stone Oak Hospital.
1162 E SONTERRA BLVD
San Antonio, TX 78258-4049
(Across the street from the Methodist Stone Oak Hospital.)
Click here for driving directions and location map.